- Just start. It is really easy to get overwhelmed and tell yourself that you’ll start A when you have B, but so often perfectionism leads to procrastination. Just start writing and the rest will follow. You will eventually look back at what you have now and think it sucks, but that’s just how progression works
- Writers are readers. Improve your writing by reading as much good writing as you can. Religiously read the blogs you find most interesting and pay attention to what they are doing
- Make it easy on your reader to know what you are about. Keep in mind you will have new reader finding you every single day so don’t assume they have any background knowledge of who you are and what you do
- Don’t be afraid to be vulnerable. Reader connect with you when they can relate to your life. Share some insight and let them get to know you
- Think about what makes you different and unique. This will be your competitive edge so own it. Stop trying to be like everyone else because it is boring
- When you can define who your reader is, it is much easier for you to create content they will love and find useful
- Keep on going. Your readers want to hear from you (even if it’s just your mom, dad and cat to begin with!)
Hello, I’m Jenna and I want to help make your life more magical! Not just in a glossy, filtered, perfectly Instagramed way, but in a way that feels amazing to you. I want to show you how you can serve the world by just being your gorgeous, perfectly imperfect self.